Our next discussion group is on a theory called Social reproduction and how it relates to the profit system and women’s persecution. Our group was founded for many reasons, one of the most prominent is the continued oppression of women in every facet of life and every country of the world. But specifically the lefts failure both to protect survivors of sexual violence within there own organisations, and a reluctance to seriously take up why sexism exits, in society, but especially capitalist society. This discussion will take up these points and more.
But first of all what the fuck is social reproduction?
If that’s sparked your interest check out some of the texts from the reading list:
- Remarks on Gender by Cinzia Arruzza (2014)
- Domestic Labour Revisited by Lise Vogel (2011)
- Wages Against House Work by Silvia Federici (1974)
- The power of women and the subversion of the community by Mariarosa Dalla Costa and Selma James (1972)
- Learning to struggle: my story between workerism and feminism by Leopoldina Fortunati (2013)
Read as much or as little as you have time to, bring critical ideas, everyone welcome.